Monday, March 21, 2011

my little Lody & my Unsoy

Let me call her little Lody (my nick name).  She reminds me a lot of my childhood... i used to have a shirt something like hers when i was in elementary, it was a pamana from my cousin, Ate Bhec. I remember it clearly- it was white with strawberry prints- with red collar and black buttons (just like the collar of my lil girl). the shirt was kinda old, my cousin already used it and she gave it to me.. i wore the shirt in school everyday.. as in everyday! (nanay had to wash it everyday too). i even thought it was my school uniform back then.. and because of frequent washing, my white shirt with strawberry prints became blue before the school year ends (nanay used perla blue)  hehe!

I had fun making this last friday when i got home from office. since i work with clays on weekends only, i always look forward to it.  it excites me. and the excitement shows in my eyebags.. lol! sleepless weekend nights...
here are some views of my unfinished Little Lody, i was just too excited to take pics.
 

the finished item shows a better hair accessory.. i already added more yellow clay to the bud... will post pic once i finished everything.


My hair is wavy... i plan to have it curled when it gets a bit longer just like hers... half straight - curly ends.. :)
and ahhhh forget the turtle! i scan-read CF's book (down under) and i made the turtle the way i remember whats in the book.  hes cute isnt he? :)


the flower in her dress is still bad. I added it when the yellow dress was already attached to the body. lesson learned-  next time, any add- ons  will have to be attached to the dress, before attaching it to the body ( as a sewer, i should know this better.. lol! - you cannot embroider something that is being worn.. )

I was about to finish her swing and everything on saturday, but had to attend a much much important event.


Julius, my brother- my scholar, Graduation Day. Marlon & i helped him finished college. We made a deal. he has to finish it in 4 years, without summer class! and he did it! i am sooo proud of him...


He looks a lot like Julius Babao in this pic... I am a proud Ate indeed! He was sooo happy and it was contagious... i was infected by his happiness.. (the pic shows) he made me a camera woman that day. he wanted to have pictures taken with everyone he knows in the school... and oh.. lots and lots of girls! heheehh well what can you expect? he took up BSED.  when i say A TEACHER, what image comes first into your mind?  a female right? that explains why there are lots of girls in there! lol! cant post the girls here.. there are too many pictures.. :)


nanay - the graduate- tatay- me-  i know! everybody wear glasses.. heheh now dont ask me why i wear glasses!  :) 
I finished my college in 1997, but i was not able to attend our graduation day. i was an octoberian (is there such a word like this?) and our graduation was held march the year after. I was already working back then and was busy earning money for Marlon's school... so no graduation rite for me... just glad to wear Julius cap though... hehehe felt like i attended my own graduation day.. :)
look how happy he was! considering that it was already 8:30 and we were all hungry.

the lady behind the camera who took above's pic. Kim, Julius GF. the graduate had to pose with the 3 most important girls in his life.. :)

To Julius, Ate is sooo proud of you! one step done... the next step is passing the LET exam and get a job! Love you!! Mwaah!

im not a writer..  please bear with my grammar :)




1 comment:

What's Next? said...

Brother is lucky to have a sister that cares so much for him. I hope he takes care of his sister as well as she takes care of him!